Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Signs of Satire


1). I say parody because the girl in the video is mocking the people on the "feed the children" commercials by saying how much she needs things and how her life sucks.
2). I also say hyperbole because she wanted people to see that everyone has their needs. So she exaggerated alot. They tried to make it were they made it seem as if her life was much more worse than the "poor people".

3). I also said situation irony because in the beginning I heard the voice and expected it to be like, the girl was really going through hard times until I saw that they were making a joke as of everything the people would do on television.

4). I also said Double Entendre because there actually was two meanings. to when the sister dyed her hair a different color. I thought her sister really died. Until the statement was finish; "her hair". It was then the girl rose up and said "whatcha think".

5). This one I had to think of alot because i really wasnt sure of it. Juxtaposition, I say because, they put the girl and the "feed the children", children side by side to make it seem like both of them were actullay the same. When the story had different meanings in which they tried to imply that her life was better than .

No comments:

Post a Comment